It is no longer a secret that the modern technology has changed the world we live in in many ways for the past couple of decades. And this does not refer to the evolution of the human race only, but it also applies to each and every aspect of our everyday lives. What’s more, it keeps improving daily.
What is the Modern Technology?
We live in a world where everything is just a click away. If you are looking for an information — you can go online and search for it. You want to gain new knowledge and skills – look for a school or a course online and — voila! — you are a new student! Missing friends or family members living abroad? The new social media and networking jump right in and you are able to communicate with them within seconds. So, as we can see, the modern technology saves the day!
Even though there is no exact definition of the modern technology, let’s put it this way: it is the essence of the digital time we live in today. Everything that happens around us can be applied to the web. It is impossible to imagine the world today without mobile phones, computers, or even social networking. They have become the new necessities in each and every person’s life.
Like everything else, the modern technology has its advantages and disadvantages. It is hard to determine if the world we live in today is a better place, or if we are on a good way to self-destruction by the impact the social media and networking. And these are just some examples of how all of these things can influence our lives. Let’s take a look at the benefits it has on us first:
- Medical improvement: Doctors are able to treat a larger number of patients with the help of the modern equipment, save more lives, and fight severe illnesses, bacteria, viruses, and germs.
- Communication: It is a lot easier to get in touch with people for both personal and business purposes. Doing business overseas is also possible and effective due to the modern technology today.
- Online banking: It is possible to manage all banking payments and transactions online, without stepping into a bank at all.
- Online shopping: People are able to choose their favorite brands and products or services from the comfort of their homes without going to actual shops.
- Machines: They carry out most of the agricultural and industrial work and replace the humans in their physical labor and also result in a greater level of productivity.
These are just some of the examples of how the modern technology can have a beneficial effect on our lives, but of course the list can go on.
Obviously, the modern technology has its bad sides, too. Besides a number of them, there are also some potential risks they incorporate.
For example, we can divide the disadvantages of the modern technology as:
- Dependence: People carry around their mobile devices and other gadgets with them all the time. It’s like these have become an inseparable part of their body and system, and what’s more, people use their brains less by relying on the use of these modern devices and what they can do for them.
- The dangers regarding children: Children today are also becoming more and more dependable on the modern technology because it is all around them – at home, in school, on the playground. They become owners of all kinds of mobile devices and are free to use them for numerous purposes, but mainly for entertainment and playing games. This can have a big impact on their eyesight, and also let’s get back to lessening the usage of their brains for many things.
- Online children abuse: It is not so strange for children to become victims of the Internet, especially when it comes to using social media and networking. There are strangers who are mostly adults that take this as an opportunity to do human trafficking, or other kinds of violence toward children.
- Robots: We are no stranger to the fact that robots are becoming more and more present in the modern technology world. This leads to the decrease of the human labor and effectiveness.
Or, like a historian Christian Lous Lange once said,
“Technology is a useful servant but a dangerous master.”
New Job Opportunities Thanks to the Modern Technology
Another aspect of the modern technology and its crucial impact it has on our lives today is definitely a wider choice of jobs people can do today. All due to the development of the Internet, it is now possible for people to become familiar with some new work trends and even change careers. What is even more interesting to know is the fact that most of these jobs can be easily done from home. They have replaced the old fashioned style of going to an office every morning, working from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. Although the list continues, here are just some of the new, trendy jobs that people do today, all thanks to the modern technology:
- Marketing Manager,
- Graphic Designer,
- Blogger, etc.
Even though some of these new jobs in the world of the modern technology are the new, modern types of jobs, some of them have been there forever. OK, maybe not forever, but for a couple of centuries, yes. And that is a long time, right? Here, what comes straight to our minds first are copywriting and content writing. If you would like to hear more about these two specific professions, follow our blog because some great things are just about to come!